Thanks For Viewing My Blog!

Turn your wounds into wisdom. (Oprah Winfrey)


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Welcome to my blog! I hope to generate my cause here, because I am determined to educate people, and stir the fact that in spite of the old adage "Sticks & Stones May Break My Bones, but Names Will Never Hurt Me", the truth is absolutely, quite a contadiction!
We have managed to create an entire generation that is standing up against bullying, right? I mean society has begun to fight back against cruel tactics aimed to torment individuals. We all know people can be very mean, and can truly have a deep effect on individuals. With that in mind, I will be stressing that very same 'unecessary behavior' that is, if we are categorizing behaviors in general, then, Negative Verbal Communication, falls close into this category. There is however a little twist when it comes to parenting. Most would not recognize parents as bullies, and pretty much exclude, or turn a deaf ear to the parents that actually fall into this category because for the most part, bullying takes place outside the home, by a stranger. On the school grounds, via the internet, on the street, etc. Agree? Unfortunately, this isn't always the case. Some parents simply have bad habits. Some parents aren't aware of what's coming out of their mouths. This doesn't necessarily mean they are intentionally bad parents, this means simply they are not aware of the impact they may be having on their children. I want to change that, or least get parents on board with a clear idea of the bigger picture. The word bully is defined:
Bully (bool ee) a person who hurts or browbeats those who are weaker.
I am not creating this blog to jump on the "No Bully" band wagon, that's not my intent. I simply am starting at a base level using the bullying concept as reference, because it has finally been recognized as intolerable, providing evidence that it hurts people directly. Words have the same effect but they aren't noticed as quickly as a black eye, or as a young girl being destroyed by the evil antics of her fellow classmates (physically or mentally) Words in fact are dangerous, as they have so much power both directly and indirectly, that I believe we need to demand society is as educated on the subject of WORDS, as they are Bullying or Domestic Abuse, Sexual Abuse, and pretty much any harmful behavior against any human being. Words are our main source of communication, yet they are simply taken for granted, and generally not recognized as harmful. I am here to generate a different perspective. To bring to light the topic, and to set a standard. I am a great protector of children. I realize how deeply a child depends on positive affirmation, and how easy it is to make the difference between 'A well adjusted child, or a wounded child" Adults have this power, and when it comes to a child (a dependent human being),
...We Have One Shot!
It's that simple people. A child is either set up to fail, or set up to succeed! Words have a huge impact. I hope I can stir this up. I hope to gain followers who can share their views, perhaps experiences, and join forces together against Negative Verbal Communication. As parents, this is very important because as parents, we have but ONE SHOT! There is no second chance when it comes to a childs life. Childhood is a one time deal. It goes as quickly as carnival ride! So there is really but a small window that in which, an opportunity to make a significant impact on a child, exists. Opportunity knocks but once, so it is important to get it right. All we need is a little education, and program designed to implement positive, daily communication! I am working on that simple tool. I'll let you know when I have it available, and hopefully it will make a big difference in the lives of parents and their kids. My goal is to spread simple awareness-----Won't you join me and help me generate a new concept designed to give children a very solid, positive start.
Words CAN hurt...we can make sure people understand this, and that it starts from the time a child starts to absorb language.
I will be adding lots of new things daily! Let's band together and create successful kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment